The Tar Heel State better known as North Carolina is known for its beautiful beaches, hiking trails and family excursions. Now, that outside is open, what better time to take your loved ones on an adventure to witness the great things North Carolina has to offer. Nationally known for its rich African American history, there is always something to celebrate when you’re visiting the area!
- Hanging Rock State Park located in the Sauratown mountains near Winston Salem, is the perfect place to escape from reality and take in the waterfalls and scenery. This park is open for hiking, fishing, swimming and even camping.
- The Town of Asheville is another great city if you’re into the art culture or petting animals at the State Zoo. Home of the beautiful Biltmore, Asheville brings great food, music and an all around amazing time. There’s even a spa that couples love to enjoy called the The Spa at Omni Grove Park Inn
- Charlotte also known as Queen City is the largest city in North Carolina. There’s so many things that Charlotte has to offer including NBA Charlotte Hornets and NFL Carolina Panthers games, Carowinds Amusement parks, restaurants with amazing food and the NASCAR Motor speedway.
- Raleigh/Durham, the state’s capital is full of beautiful museums, fine dining and spectacular gardens. Durham is the home of what used to be Black Wall Street, which can be seen as you explore the downtown area and near NCCU. Grab a bite to eat at a locally owned restaurant or take your family to see the botanical gardens as you get a feel for the history of NC.
- Wilmington North Carolina has the most popular beaches in the state including Wrightsville beach and Kure Beach. There’s a river walk and so many restaurants to choose from for seafood or buffet style dining. Visitors can explore the mansions and peanut plantations in the area as well.
- Blue Ridge Parkway is perfect for people who love to witness a beautiful scenery! This trip may not require you to get out of the car! Blue Ridge was voted one of the most scenic roads in the United States and is absolutely gorgeous during the fall time.
- Great Smokey Mountains National Park is beautiful getaway and fairly easy to get to from all major cities. The scenery is breathtaking and full of wildlife and other adventures. You can find elk, bears, foxes and even turkeys at this park!
We hope this guide can help you start your travels this summer/fall as the pandemic restrictions are lifting. North Carolina is so much to offer!